Starting an Online Business: Step-by-Step Guide
Do you want to earn some extra money or you want to gain financial freedom so that you could quit your day job? You should consider starting an online business!
Why would you start an Internet business?
Online businesses have become more and more popular as they need a minimal investment to setup (sometimes around $2/month!) while the benefits of owning an Internet business are huge.
Besides the fact that an online business can bring you lots of money, it offers you the possibility to spend more time with your family.
What do you need in order to start an online business?
1. First of all you need determination!
2. The second thing you need is to decide what kind of online business you want to start.
- do you want to sell products online?
- build an online store
- create an auction store like eBay
- don't have products to sell?
- build a website and make money:
- with affiliate programs
- with Google Adsense and other advertising programs
- sell space on your website to other companies that want to advertise
- create a web directory and charge a fee for each submission
- promote on your website Clickbank products
3. Create a basic business plan - it will help you stay organized and save a lot of time.
4. Next you need to create your website. In order to do that you have to select a web hosting plan that fits your online business (the space and the tools that you need in order to bulid your website) and register a domain name (yoursitename.com).
Note: some web hosting providers will offer you the domain name for FREE when you buy their hosting plan. So, I would recommend you to choose the hosting plan first, and only if your web host provider doesn't offer a domain name, go and buy one.
Here is a review of some of the best web hosting plans proper for an Internet business:
The best web host for starting an online business is definitely SBI! This is a web host especially created for online businesses.
SBI! is an all-in-one hosting option: it offers the space for your site (hosting), the domain name (yourwebsite.com), a brainstorming tool (to help you choose the best niche, and the best keywords for each page of your site), a website builder (you don't have to know any HTML or programming, you only have to choose one of their templates and add text and images), a MonetizeIt! option (helps you choose the best monetization options for your site to help you maximize your site's profitability and ensure long-term growth), submission to search engines, a professional SEO optimization (to get a high rank in search engines...so, a lot of traffic to your online business...and a lot more sales) and marketing help.
All these are included in the price of $299/year. It's a very reasonable price if you think about the SEO optimization and marketing help facilities (which would cost you around $1500/month at a good SEO company like SeoDesignSolutions)
SBI! also offers Unlimited disk space, Unlimited monthly traffic, a platform so that you can add forums, shopping carts, datafeeds, blogs and other server-side functionality.
They also offer non-stop technical support so you can rest assured your site will work 24x7.
SBI! has a no-risk, 30-day money back guarantee. It's a risk-free decision that you can make with confidence and peace of mind.
If you aren't satisfied with SBI!, not only will you get your money back, but you can keep your domain name! If you are interested, you can get your SBI! here.
Their hosting plan offers Unlimited disk space, as well as Unlimited monthly traffic.
So, if you want to build an information website and you can't afford SBI!, I recommend you their plan.
They also offer a free, built-in shopping cart and the possibility to receive payments through PayPal (so, it is also proper if you want to create an online store).
PowWeb also provides a platform so that you can add forums, message boards, chat rooms etc.
Another important thing is that no programming is necessary when creating your website, as PowWeb provides an easy website builder.
They also offer a 24x7 technical support.
Their "One Plan" costs only $4,88/mo (with Unlimited disk space and bandwidth) when their competitors offer plans with limited bandwidth and disk space at much higher prices.
3. For cheaper and reliable web hosting visit cheap web hosting.